The O'Connell Center Advisory Board is comprised of faculty, staff, community and student members as well as budget, facilities and activities committees.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE:
· Work with the O'Connell Center business manager to review expenses and profits. They are responsible for the annual compilation of the O'Connell Center budget.
· Review and make recommendations on requests to alter the O'Connell Center, such as space allocations, the addition of furnishings, equipment, and construction projects.
· Work with various operating/use and marketing of the O'Connell Center.
Qualifications for students applying for the Student Advisory Boards:
· Full-time UF student, 12 hours undergraduate, 9 hours graduate
· Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
· Not on Conduct Probation
The O’Connell Center Advisory Board, Recreational Sports Board of Directors, and J. Wayne Reitz Union Board of Managers are standing committees of the University of Florida, appointed annually by the President of the University. The screening committee will recommend names to the President of UF Student Body. Those selected will be notified during the summer.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Boards may include but are not limited to the following:
· To set priority for the use of the facilities and the financial charges to the users
· To propose policies and/or participate in discussion and review of policy changes
· To make determination of the types of events that can be held in the facilities
· To review and recommend funding, staffing and services of the facilities
· To maintain a schedule of events and a yearly calendar, arranging for hours of use and scheduling of outside events
· To review and make decisions on requests to alter the facilities.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to make arrangements for the interview.