The Recreational Sports Board of Directors is made up of students, faculty, and staff.
Members of the Committee:
· Propose policies to the President of the University through the Vice President of Student Affairs regarding the overall operation of the Recreational Sports Division.
· Review and recommend funding, facilities, staffing and services of the Recreational Sports Division.
· Insure that discussion and review of major programs within the Recreational Sports Division occur prior to implementation.
Students serve either a two-year or one-year term.
Qualifications for students applying for the Student Advisory Boards:
· Full-time UF student, 12 hours undergraduate, 9 hours graduate
· Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
· Not on Conduct Probation
The O’Connell Center Advisory Board, Recreational Sports Board of Directors, and J. Wayne Reitz Union Board of Managers are standing committees of the University of Florida, appointed annually by the President of the University. The screening committee will recommend names to the President of UF Student Body. Those selected will be notified during the summer.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Boards may include but are not limited to the following:
· To set priority for the use of the facilities and the financial charges to the users
· To propose policies and/or participate in discussion and review of policy changes
· To make determination of the types of events that can be held in the facilities
· To review and recommend funding, staffing and services of the facilities
· To maintain a schedule of events and a yearly calendar, arranging for hours of use and scheduling of outside events
· To review and make decisions on requests to alter the facilities.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to make arrangements for the interview.