The Board of Managers is one of two University-wide standing committees chaired by a student, with a voting student majority. This presidentially appointed committee is comprised of eight voting student members, four alternate student members, and six faculty members. The appointment term for student members is one year, beginning in August of each year. Faculty members serve a three year term.
Members of the Committee:
The Board of Managers oversees policy changes and budget administration for all of the Reitz Union's services and programs. The Board also allocates student organization office space in the Student Activities Center on the third floor of the Reitz Union.
Qualifications for students applying for the Student Advisory Boards:
· Full-time UF student, 12 hours undergraduate, 9 hours graduate
· Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
· Not on Conduct Probation
The O’Connell Center Advisory Board, Recreational Sports Board of Directors, and J. Wayne Reitz Union Board of Managers are standing committees of the University of Florida, appointed annually by the President of the University. The screening committee will recommend names to the President of UF Student Body. Those selected will be notified during the summer.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Boards may include but are not limited to the following:
· To set priority for the use of the facilities and the financial charges to the users
· To propose policies and/or participate in discussion and review of policy changes
· To make determination of the types of events that can be held in the facilities
· To review and recommend funding, staffing and services of the facilities
· To maintain a schedule of events and a yearly calendar, arranging for hours of use and scheduling of outside events
· To review and make decisions on requests to alter the facilities.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to make arrangements for the interview.